Submit an Article for RevArt
General Submission Guidelines
- RevArt welcomes submissions related to art and artists. Writing, multimedia, and podcasts are all acceptable forms of submission.
- We only accept content that is related to or benefits artists and art enthusiasts. Any unrelated subject will be rejected.
- Contributors can come from anywhere in the world, but for the time being, all submissions must be in English.
- Submissions do not have to cover a single topic; however, there should be an overarching theme that unifies the posts.
- Titles should be brief and directly related to the content of your piece. Do not bury your leads; instead, make them strong and to the point.
- Posts must be at least 500 words long.
- If your post is longer than 800 words, we strongly advise you to divide it into sessions and give each one a title.
- RevArt reserves the right to reject submissions at its sole discretion.
- We strongly encourage you to include photographs or illustrations with your submissions. Please ensure that the works are original, Creative Commons-licensed, or that you have written permission from the artist to use them. Please provide us with the copyright information, including a link to the source, as we will be crediting everything we publish. We reserve the right to substitute images.
- We do not accept submissions that contain adult content, and/or content that is overtly commercial, racist, sexist, or slanderous. We retain the right to reject content that contains language we consider abusive.
- Plagiarism is never o.k. Except for properly referenced quotations, all writing must be in your own words.
- While we do provide ‘copy editing’, we do not provide ‘content editing’. Please edit your work and proofread it carefully before submitting it. Submissions that do not read well or are full of errors will not be accepted.